Thursday, September 20, 2012

Tattoos / Body Piercings: Reader Question: Misplaced Nipple Piercing- Answered by Master Piercer Elayne Angel

Tattoos / Body Piercings
Get the latest headlines from the Tattoos / Body Piercings GuideSite. // via fulltextrssfeed.com
Reader Question: Misplaced Nipple Piercing- Answered by Master Piercer Elayne Angel
Sep 20th 2012, 20:56

Elayne Angel I love my job because it means I can help people.

Even if I don't know the answer to your questions I will direct you to those that do.

After receiving the following question regarding a botched nipple piercing I went straight to my expert of choice, Master Piercer Elayne Angel.

Not only is Elayne the president of the APP, she states right here in our interview that nipple piercing was the choice spot when she began her career in the 1980s. I bet you didn't know Elayne is credited for starting the tongue piercing trend.

With that said, any form of body piercing should look its best, wouldn't you agree?

Here's my reader's nipple piercing problem, and our expert's answer.

Need some advice on a piercing or tattoo related topic? Email Jodie @ tattoo.guide@about.com and we'll take care of it.

In the meantime, be sure to check out Elayne's book, The Piercing Bible and refer to it as needed for wisdom.

Question: I recently took an interest in body piercing. I've done what they advise not to do and I've pierced both my nipples twice and they are not straight. My question is do I repierce to a straighter line into the first hole or do I make a new hole? I need to correct all four.

Answer: There really isn't any standard way to "correct" misplaced piercings--especially when all entry and exit holes are in the wrong location. Generally they need to be removed, allowed to heal fully, and repierced in the proper spot (usually by someone more competent).

When someone is unhappy with a piercing placement, jewelry should be removed as soon as possible to minimize scarring.

The longer jewelry is left in, the more healing takes place. That means more epithelial cells form to line the interior. This will often be lumpier and more visible than if the jewelry were removed right away.

A large buildup of scar tissue may make it difficult or impossible to pierce the right spot if it is very nearby.

If one side is in the right spot but the other is not, some piercers may insert a needle into the well-placed hole and make a new exit in a better location. Not all piercers offer this service, and not all piercings are able to have this done.

I hope this helps...and here's a special thank you to our piercing angel for taking the time to advise!

Image courtesy Elayne Angel

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment