Thursday, May 31, 2012

Tattoos / Body Piercings: What's Hot Now: Lobe Stretching Journal

Tattoos / Body Piercings: What's Hot Now
These articles that had the largest increase in popularity over the last week // via fulltextrssfeed.com
Lobe Stretching Journal
May 31st 2012, 11:01

On March 4, I had my piercer stretch my lobes from 14 gauge to 10 gauge. Getting them stretched wasn't too difficult, but that might be because I have an exceptionally awesome piercer. The first part of the taper went in easily, and the cool gel (I think it was KY jelly) helped alleviate the minor "burning" sensation as the hole was stretched. But just as he reached the end of the taper on my left ear, it started to burn really bad. So, instead of just pushing it in to get it over with, he stopped and left the taper in my ear for about 30 seconds to let the pain settle down and allow me to catch my breath. Then the jewelry went in and the burning stopped and I've had no trouble with that ear.

My right ear, however, gave me a little more trouble. He was only half way through with the taper when it started hurting really bad. He again stopped pushing and this time let it sit for about 60 seconds until I told him I was ready for him to continue. We just chit-chatted a bit which helped calm me down and then the final push and jewelry insertion wasn't too bad. Unfortunately, though, this particular ear has been giving me trouble ever since. The healing isn't going quite as well as with the other one and I'm to blame more than anything because I don't do the sea salt soaks as often as I should and I know I manage to get hair gel and hairspray on the piercing every morning even though I try to be careful.

It is getting better though. I bought a pair of really beautiful 6 gauge gem plugs from Tribalectic for my next stretch, and I can't wait to see them in. But I'm probably going to have to wait at least another couple of weeks, and try to be better about doing my sea salt soaks and not getting hair styling stuff on my ear.

It should be noted that Billy, my piercer, warned me ahead of time that stretching 2 gauges at a time is a big jump and that it would be a lot easier to just go one gauge each time. But, I think I'll continue 2 at a time at least until they start getting really big. My eventual goal is 00g so I'm not going super-huge. Soft lobe tissue stretches a lot more easily than cartilage. If I was stretching cartilage, there is no way I'd be stretching that much at a time.

I've contemplated this stretching for over 5 years now and finally decided to go through with it. Not only do I really like the way it looks, but I also feel that I am more qualified to write about something here if I have personally experienced it. So, I will share my stretching experience with everyone here and hope that I am able to help someone else contemplating it or in the process of stretching.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment