Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tattoos / Body Piercings: Old School Dad Tattoo Designs and Memorial Ink Tributes

Tattoos / Body Piercings
Get the latest headlines from the Tattoos / Body Piercings GuideSite. // via fulltextrssfeed.com
Old School Dad Tattoo Designs and Memorial Ink Tributes
Apr 19th 2012, 11:57

null Let's give it up to dad with tattoo designs that pay tribute to the man who taught us everything we really need to know about life. My father is celebrating his birthday today and is likely wishing he was at home, floating on his raft and drinking a beer while basking in the sun.

But he's not.

He's hoofing it on the jobsite like he has for a lifetime providing for his family and working like an honest man.

Despite where he'd rather be, pops rolls out of bed and does what any noble man should even when it's 5 O'Clock in the morning somewhere.

My father laughed at me when I got my first tattoo. He shook his head in disbelief and teased me every time he saw it. Partly because I did it, partly because I beat him to it I think. But history has a way of repeating itself and within a few years my pops got his own tattoos.

Like many people who experience the joy of ink, he celebrated rebellion at its finest and that was our bond.

We've never discussed how he made fun of me. I've never reminded him of the hours I spent being teased for my body art and I certainly don't need apologies after all these years for being laughed at. I don't need someone to tell me their daughter taught them something too. I'd never expect to hear my father say, "Hey kid, you were right all along, live your own life." Nope. I do not need to hear that, no matter how sweet it would be. You know why?

Because I already know.

I've learned many things from my dad but the most important lesson I've learned is...

Who cares what people think?

Some of life's greatest wisdom is that of our father's. In honor of your dad, have you been inked?

Father's Day is around the corner. Ink an old school wild cat for a tough tribute or honor pops and his time served with an eagle or military tattoo design. If your relationship has been rocky, make some peace with it and ink a symbol or a portrait for the loved and lost.

Pull up your sleeve and salute your father or share your inked stories in the comments below. Email me at tattooguide@about.com and tell me why you love your dad.

Happy Birthday Pops! CC Image _april's Photostream@Flickr

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment