Monday, December 10, 2012

Tattoos / Body Piercings: What's Hot Now: Tattoos Over 40

Tattoos / Body Piercings: What's Hot Now
These articles that had the largest increase in popularity over the last week // via fulltextrssfeed.com
Tattoos Over 40
Dec 10th 2012, 11:03

Wanted to tell you my story about getting my first tattoo after 40. I got my first tat at 47 to celebrate my two children. Prior to that, the thought never really crossed my mind about getting one.

My first tat was an alligator and two hearts - my son's name is Gator (4 yrs old at the time) and the two hearts were for my daughter Gracie (3 yrs old). They are the loves of my life! The following year, things took a turn for the worst when my wife & I separated after being married for six years. The hardest thing was not being able to see my kids every day; to kiss them good night and before I left for work in the wee hours of the morning; missing a lot of the little spur of the moment / day to day experiences.

The next tat I decided to get was a tiger face (for quite strength and patience). Then came my first dragon (a royal Chinese blue dragon) with its tail curled around the gator and hearts for their protection. Then came the tiger scene on my back, another dragon (green) on the other arm and back, and back to fill in the tiger face upper arm with a jungle scene complete with a dragon fly. Currently, I'm in the process of getting a third dragon (yellow) with the other dragons and to fill in that upper arm.

The tats have kept me quite busy these last few years. All the work has been done by Scott at Shoe's Tattoos in Schuylkill Haven, PA. The symbolism of each has met the strength and inner power of one's self as it relates to me and my children and dealing with the ups and downs of life. I've met a lot of great people connected with the tattoo world and see so many awesome tats being done - has you always thinking of what ink will be next. I'm 51 now and still going strong.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment