Sunday, July 21, 2013

Tattoos / Body Piercings: What's Hot Now: Tattoos Over 40 - First Time Ink Experiences...

Tattoos / Body Piercings: What's Hot Now
These articles that had the largest increase in popularity over the last week // via fulltextrssfeed.com 
Tattoos Over 40 - First Time Ink Experiences...
Jul 21st 2013, 11:18, by tattoo.guide@about.com

I will be turning 63 next month and I got my first tattoo at age 60. It's a flash piece from a popular studio in town and it's above my outside ankle.

Three months later I got a tattoo of my sun sign, Aquarius, on my right inside forearm. Then I had the sun added over the waves. Following that I had 6 stars added, from my wrist to the inside bend of my elbow in basically a shape of S. Then I went to Hawaii on a trip and stopped by the local tattoo studio and added many little cross stars and dots to make it look more ethereal. Then I got swirls added to really make it into an S and pull it together and not look like it was floating. After that I added my moon and rising signs, 5 more stars and another set of swirls.

It has come to be very meaningful to me. I was adopted and the first 6 stars I got tattooed were coincidentally done 2 weeks before I got the phone call that my birth mother had been found. I discovered that my twin sister and I have a half-sister and a half-brother. Our mother is now 87 years old and I have met with her 3 times. Unbelievably, she lives 25 miles from me. The night I made the first call to my birth mother and found out about my siblings, a friend who was here said, "Now I see why you have 6 stars: you, your twin, half-sister, half-brother, birth mother and birth father!" Later, I added 2 special stars for my adoptive mother and father. I am attaching a picture of my tattooed forearm. Hopefully, you can see it well.

The creation on my arm has all been my own doing, a little at a time over a year and a half. It was a real shocker at first to have a not-so-subtle tattoo on a place I would see it everyday (the one on my ankle I can hardly notice) and I was quite self-conscious at first, but now I'm very proud of it (especially since I created the design) and like to show it off.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment