Thursday, February 21, 2013

Tattoos / Body Piercings: P.Ink Launches Pinterest Tattoo Ideas and Inspiration Post-Mastectomy for Breast Cancer Survivors

Tattoos / Body Piercings
Get the latest headlines from the Tattoos / Body Piercings GuideSite. // via fulltextrssfeed.com
P.Ink Launches Pinterest Tattoo Ideas and Inspiration Post-Mastectomy for Breast Cancer Survivors
Feb 21st 2013, 17:35

It's P.ink with good cause. For IMMEDIATE release To showcase the healing potential of reconstructive ink, today P.INK debuts a video documenting one survivor's experience. The video chronicles Los Angeles breast cancer survivor Molly Ortwein getting a seven hour scar coverage tattoo. Through a beta version of P.INK, Ortwein connected with Miami-based tattoo artist Colby Butler, who inked her two-year-old mastectomy scars this past January. "I was the last person you'd expect to get a tattoo," said Ortwein. "But I rethought my options after my doctor told me that I wouldn't get my nipples back. My coverage tattoos gave me the confidence to close that chapter and move forward." Ortwein's video can be seen at http://youtu.be/kzO2U0fJ0jM. "We created P.INK to give women like Molly a new tool for moving on," said Noel Franus, who created P.INK as a non-profit passion project at Boulder, Colo.--based advertising agency CP+B. He is also Molly's brother-in-law. "When reconstruction doesn't cut it, we want to give survivors a chance to re-envision themselves with an entirely blank slate."

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment