Friday, June 22, 2012

Tattoos / Body Piercings: Reader Question: Victorian Cameo Jewelry Tattoo Placement

Tattoos / Body Piercings
Get the latest headlines from the Tattoos / Body Piercings GuideSite. // via fulltextrssfeed.com
Reader Question: Victorian Cameo Jewelry Tattoo Placement
Jun 22nd 2012, 20:16

cameo If there's such a thing as a romantic and ladylike tattoo, a cameo design is just that. I've opened a box of reader questions with my latest Cameo Tattoo article and now I'm serving up my response with some serious Southern charm. My latest reader needs more design and placement inspiration for a cameo tattoo.

QUESTION

I know I've wrote you before but your my go to guide for tattoos.

I still like the idea of getting a collarbone tattoo (thanks to 5 Sexy Spots for Girls) and now my new favorite idea comes from the Cameo Tattoos article. My question is how do you put a cameo on the collarbone? How big should it be? No matter where I get my tattoo I want it hidden, for no one but me.

Still haven't decided on color leaning towards no color.I have time to narrow it all down and decide and am open to any ideas you have on this subject.

ANSWER

First I say thank you for being a loyal reader. I love to hear that you're excited about the new direction of the site. Feedback is important and invaluable and of course in its truest form when it comes from you, the reader.

You want to talk jewelry tattoos? You got it.

I love your idea of a cameo and agree keeping it small in scale is the only way to capture the demure look that you're after. However, detail is so important with a cameo and you're going to sacrifice too much if you opt for such a tiny size. I would recommend a different placement for your cameo if you want to keep it hidden. Perhaps an upper/outer thigh would make a sultry choice?

I stopped by Sara Mae's Southern Hospitality Tattoos shop in Round Rock, Texas and asked for help with your cameo tattoo concerns.

Sara loves Victorian inspired tattoo art and has her own drafting table right aside her framed paintings and antique collection of China pieces.

First I might suggest you take a flight down South and meet Sara yourself since she seems perfect for the job. But in the event that can't be done I brought some of Sara's Southern charm to you.

Sara recommends your cameo be no smaller than 4 inches in diameter to best display the intricate details of the piece. For colors, Sara recommends black and pink, gray and pink, or even the beautiful purple and black combination depicted in her own work above.

Sara will not work in white ink and does not recommend lighter colors unless you have fair skin. For placement on the collarbone, go right above or below depending on your body. Your artist should help in this process from beginning to end so take your time and seek out the right artist for the job.

Jewelry tattoos offer the perfect chance to add a birthstone color or even a zodiac color element. If you're seeking a relationship tattoo this is yet another way to bear significance to your loved ones without inking names.

The collarbone area is noted to be sensitive but personal experience always varies. Your tattoo artist will help you find the meatiest part of your body and hopefully you can entrust their judgment and recommendation. If not, go somewhere else.

Feel free to come back with questions or comments anytime and thanks for writing. I hope you wear your jewelry tattoo well.

To contact or book with Sara Mae:

Southern Hospitality Tattoos

111 East Main Street

Round Rock, Texas 78665

(512) 614-2352

Image courtesy Sara Mae@Southern Hospitality Tattoos

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment