Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Tattoos / Body Piercings: What's Hot Now: 3D Tattoo App Review

Tattoos / Body Piercings: What's Hot Now
These articles that had the largest increase in popularity over the last week // via fulltextrssfeed.com
3D Tattoo App Review
Jun 13th 2012, 11:01

The Bottom Line

Not entirely user friendly, especially for those who aren't web-savvy, but this is a great application with a lot of potential once you figure it out. It's always a good idea to try a temporary version of a tattoo before you take the plunge, and this is one way to see yourself as others would see you and that different perspective is really useful.

Pros

  • Offers several options, most of which are free
  • Even the paid options are very reasonable
  • Avatar creator's ability was highly impressive
  • You can log in directly through your Facebook account

Cons

  • Not the most user friendly for those who aren't web/app savvy
  • Not many pre-loaded tattoo options available
  • Preloaded images sometimes just show blank pages

Description

  • This is a newly developed program so minor glitches are bound to happen from time to time, but it seems pretty reliable.
  • Uses the Evolver Platform and is a web-based application so there's no software to load on your computer.
  • Images can be printed or shared once the avatar has been created.

Guide Review - Web Application Review - 3D Tattoo Preview by Obsessive Ink

When I first heard about the Obsessive Ink 3D tattoo preview application, I knew I had to try it out. It just so happens that I've been working on a facial tattoo design and had actually been wishing that I had access to something just like this. So, I headed over to www.obsessiveink.com to give it a try.

Once you've signed up, you can create an avatar in your likeness. There's two different ways in which you can do this - either use their program to create a face and body similar to your own, or upload a photo of yourself and allow it to create an avatar for you based on your picture. I decided to go the picture route, wanting to test the program for accuracy. I used my camera phone and purposely uploaded a somewhat blurry, not-so-hot image that still fit their guidelines, since I know most people aren't going to have fancy cameras to take sharp images with; I wanted to see just how well the program would adapt. I have to say, I was pretty impressed with the results - I think I have a pretty good idea of what I would look like if I were bald now, and I plan to never shave my head.

Once you have your likeness created, then you can use it to add tattoos and see how they look. Again you have two options - use one of the images they already have available in the application (a very limited selection) or upload an image of your own. There is a fee involved for this option, but it's only $1.99 to upload your own image and it gives you a lot more flexibility when it comes to designing something personal. Again, wanting to test the program's abilities and since I was creating something based on a tattoo I actually want, I chose to upload a drawing that I had done.

This is where I have to say that the program became a little less user friendly. It took me several trips around in circles before I finally figured out how to upload and then add my design to my avatar, which is why I took this short video of how to use the program once I figured it out. In my case, my scan wasn't the greatest so some of the paper surrounding the drawing was included in the final image, but all in all I was pretty impressed with the results and I can see a lot of potential in this application. I'd love it if they'd add the ability to "pierce" your avatar as well - I've been thinking of a septum ring and would love to see beforehand what my (bald) self would look like with one.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment